Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pita Pita

Mmmmm. I made these gyros for a dinner party Sunday night, and they were a hit. I'm not sure the raw garlic and onions were a great choice for such a gathering, but fortunally we all ate it so the offensive odors were shared by all :)

I would suggest sauteeing the garlic or opting for garlic powder in the tsasiki sauce, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing. The chicken marinade is to die for, and the pitas were delish- just don't roll too thin or overcook. I think I did both. They were still lovely, just a little hard. Stop reading, and start cooking.

We gobbled it up before I could snap a picture. Sorry Charlie.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously considered making these last night, but the simplicity of asian chicken won out as usual. That recipe is so ridiculously delicious for how easy it is.

    I'll have to try these soon though. They look incredible!

    ReplyDelete